Batch convert INDD files into PDF format
Follow these instructions to install a script that batch converts Adobe InDesign files to PDF file format.
- Close all the open documents in InDesign
- Choose Window > Utilities > Scripts
- Right click on User and choose Reveal in Finder (Mac) or Reveal in Explorer (PC). If you experience any issue, try to open the Application folder instead.
- Unzip the 'batch_convert.jsxbin.zip' file
Download the script
- Copy the file 'batch_convert.jsxbin' in the 'Scripts Panel' folder
- Back to InDesign, click on 'batch_convert.jsxbin'
- Set PDF as a target format and choose an input and an output folder
- Click on 'OK', and wait for the script to complete the batch conversion.
Export/Import all the phrases inside your InDesign document
Translate your InDesign file with the integrated Web Editor
The script was made by Peter Kahrel, who generously shared this along other useful scripts on his website. Also, check this article on InDesignSecrets for further instructions.